As part of my my final year course I need to start trying to place my self into the outside world by learning this skill that is not only necessary but also important in this line of work as it is heavily integrated within the it’s existence. In other words you cannot be part of the artistic world regardless of which place you are in, without been involved within the system that has been set up by artists for generations. An artist makes their way through the world by trying to get noticed by other artists and clients to not only for job opportunities but also experience and improve of ones skill. In order to get started with this process I need to set up several things to help with this process the first been a logo something that can be associated with me as an artist and I have decided that for the logo and name that I will use for myself within this industry is the name that I chose for this blog when I first started my blog, Amtanimator.
I have gone through several different designs over the past few weeks trying to find the right design, the images below are some of the earlier designs that I have come up with.
This one of my first design ideas for the logo, I have gone with something that might be considered quite basic due to the fact that the design is in all a sense one long continues line. In appearance is quite bland and when I drew it I knew that it was lacking something so I decided to do something with the design. This design has one major fault apart from its lack of umph, which is that it is hard to make out the Amtanimator in the design the A is clear to see as is the M even if the line goes through it (making it some what harder to understand that the A). The T is another fault in the design of this version of the logo as it is hard to work out once is forms an oval that passes over and then goes through the A making the T look more like a D which is not what I wanted and it makes the logo harder to work out. The final fault in this version of the design is that the arrows in the end was originally intended to be a pencil head to represent that I worked as an animator but unfortunately this is not identifiable when looked at.
This next image is me attempting to improve my first design at the beginning of this post. As you can see I have taken the original design which is posted in the top left of the image above. From here I have taken that design and altered it several times in several experiments from colour to adding more to image. My first attempt was to add more to the arrow to make it look more like a pencil to show the animation side of my logo. While the pencil did become more clear I began to notice what would be the downside of the design in general. The pencil stood out effectively the down fall was that the actual colours I placed between the lined logo it became such an eye saw since the design was unbalanced with the fact that the so much of the design could be coloured but this rest couldn’t and when I tried to colour the entire background with the same colour it came out looking even worse according to several people that I showed the design too. At one point I manipulated the lines of the design to try and remove the D design that was unintentionally created, this still did not make a difference in the design and didn’t fix the colouring issue.